Emily Schultz : Keep Calm and Go to the Beach


28 April 2015

Keep Calm and Go to the Beach

I have so many things I want to tell you. My list is a page long and growing. I'm siting here pondering which one to pick and feeling a bit overwhelmed.  So here we go (This is me closing my eyes, spinning the paper around and around and pointing to the list).  Tada...My love of the beach.

Seriously I crave the beach like people crave chocolate. Living where I live that is sometimes a really hard craving to ease. Yes, we have a lot of lakes with beaches, but that just doesn't cut it. It's not just warm tropical beaches that I love. Though don't get me wrong those are amazing. Sand does not even need to be involved. It is anywhere where the ocean meets the land.  It fills me with such a sense of peace to sit and listen to the waves crash upon the shore.

My favorite beach is covered in small rainbow colored pebbles. I have spent hours of my life sifting though those rocks looking for the perfect one. Letting them run through my fingers with the smell of salt and seaweed in the air. Contemplating life, love, and the world around me.
My kids experiencing the endless joy of that rocky beach 

No comments :

Post a Comment