Emily Schultz : Just in time for December


25 November 2015

Just in time for December



I kind of feel like my kids in these pictures about Christmas this year (these images perfectly sum up most of their relationship and not much has change in the last few years). It's trying to get away from me and I'm being stubborn about holding on to it. I feel behind on my planning and organizing. Usually I have my Christmas cards done and ready to go. This year I'm all like cards what cards?  I know that if I'm feeling behind you might be too. So I thought, “Hey, I'm already doing the work I might as well share it.” I'm nice like that. 

Last year, my mom bought us a really fun advent Christmas tree. You know the kind with the doors and little compartments. I immediately searched Pinterest and planned the whole month. Only to figure out we didn't have time to do some of the things I thought would be so great. This left me feeling guilty and the kids disappointment. The ideas were really great, but to be painfully honest I’m not the super cutesy make all the things kind of mom. It’s okay though I’ve come to terms with it.

So this year I parred it down, focused on building memories and relationships while keeping it simple. Emphasis on simple.  I also tried to include the traditions that we already have. Some of my things might not work for your family, but it’s a great place to start. Plus it’ll save you some time.


Click here to get my personal 25 Days of Christmas activities. They are printable and I left some blank spaces for you to add your own.  I included a printable coloring page drawn by me to use as one of your daily activities. 


No comments :

Post a Comment