Emily Schultz : The Visible Mom Sessions


04 April 2016

The Visible Mom Sessions

There is this thing that has been weighing heavy on my heart and mind for the last couple of weeks. I was looking through my images for pictures of me and my kids. Guess what I found. Not much. There are a few selfies on my phone and maybe a handful of images on my computer. In most pictures I’m hidden behind the camera or just out of the frame. I’m there, but I’m not visible. It makes me sad that I am missing from my children’s visual heritage and it is something I am making a conscious effort to change.

What got me looking for these pictures are the conversations I’ve been having with other moms about photography and life in general. Almost every one of these women said she wished she had more pictures with her mom or of her mom doing the things that made their relationship special and unique. I am guilty of creating this scenario for my children. If I don’t change this, they will grow up to say these things about me.  

You know what none of these women said? None of them said, I wish I had less pictures with my mom, I wish my mom had lost 10 pounds before we took that picture, I wish we all matched and had a perfect looking house. No one said those things about their moms. Our kids view us in much the same way as we view our moms. They love us just the way we are. They see what is special about us even when we can’t. Why are we hiding from the picture when the ones who will cherish these pictures the most want us in them?

Today I’m inviting you to step out from your hiding place and be part of your children’s pictures. Join me for a limited edition Visual Mom Session.
There are four sessions available, two on April 23 and two on May 14

The Visible Mom Session              $372
A quick phone call to get to the heart of the moments you love the most
A 20 minute session
An online gallery of 10 images
3 4x6 prints including a copy of the digital negative

Book your Visible Mom Session today, because your children deserve to have you in the picture.

Email me at info@emilyschultzphotography.com to reserve your session.

If you would like to gift this session to someone let me know in your email that it’s a gift and I’ll send you a gift certificate.


Because of the nature of the Visible Mom Sessions, they must take place in the greater Moses Lake area. However, if you do not live here and would like to have one of these sessions email me and I will send you the details of how to book me in your area. 

No comments :

Post a Comment